The Choir is delighted to be participating in the Bothwell Scarecrow Festival Gala Concert
together with solo performers:
- Drew Crichton (Pianist)
- Jonathan Kennedy (Baritone)
- Katie Tanner (Saxophone Quartet)
- Beth Taylor (Mezzo Soprano)
The concert, which is to be held as part of the Bothwell Scarecrow Festival 2016, will be on Sunday 11th September at 7.30 pm.
Tickets are £12 and are on sale from the Chapterhouse Cafe, Bothwell Main Street.
Members will be sorry to hear that Mrs Mary Hood, the mother of our librarian and member of the alto section, Sara Crichton and mother in law to Tenor, John, has died suddenly.
Mary was a loyal and staunch supporter of the choir at our concerts and events and many of you will have grown to know her over the years.
Sara and John have asked if the choir would sing ‘Look at the World’ at Mary’s funeral on Thursday 5 May at 2.30pm in Bothwell Parish Church.
Would members please contact Mark as soon as possible, regarding whether you can attend. Your support would be hugely appreciated by the family.
The countdown to the final glorious concert of the season has begun! Don’t miss out – tickets for the Spring Concert are now on sale, £8.00
All Rehearsals: would all members who are not taking part in the concert please note, that while they are still very welcome to attend rehearsals, they will be asked to sit to the side at times, so the sound of the remaining members can be heard as a group.
The rehearsal links and members’ programme for the Spring Concert, can be found on our current links page and our new members’ programmes page.
May 1st: Ladies ONLY rehearsal
May 8th: Rehearsal – Men ONLY from 7pm-8pm -ALL members from 8pm-9pm
May 15th: Committee meeting at 6.15 pm; Final full rehearsal 7-9pm
May 20th: Pre-concert rehearsal 6-7 pm: Spring Concert 7.30 pm (doors open 7pm)
May 22nd: AGM – 7pm please see the earlier post on this
SAVE THE DATE: Our 2016 Christmas Concert will be on Thursday 22nd December
The Choir AGM will be held on Sunday 22nd May at 7 pm.
All Office Bearer and Committee Member roles are open for election. While several
serving Members are prepared to stand for re-election, all would wish to
encourage Choir Members to consider contributing to Choir in this way.
Therefore, all positions are open for election.
Should you wish to stand or to nominate a Choir Member for election to the Choir
Committee or to any of the Office Bearer roles, please advise by email to the
choir mailbox or to Hazel Scott, by Sunday 8th May.
Nominations require the permission of the nominee, a proposer and a seconder.
As the days brighten so do our spirits with the promise of two wonderful spring concerts.
For your diary, please note the following:
- April 10th
- Rehearsals recommence 7pm
- Committee meeting 6.15 pm
- April 17th
- Concert for Christian Aid: New Kilpatrick Parish Church, 28 Kirk Pl, Bearsden, Bearsden, East Dunbartonshire G61 3RT.
- Pre-concert rehearsal in Bothwell Parish Church Hall at 5pm.
- Bus to venue departs 5.45pm from bus stop outside Church Hall car park. £2.00 return -confirm on 10th please
- Concert starts 7.15 pm
- May 20th
For home rehearsal, please note the links (including to separate parts of the Skye Boat Song) and our programmes for the concerts when available are on our current links page.
our members and friends
a very Happy Easter.
Looking forward to meeting again
on Sunday April 10th
The Choir is pleased to be associated again with the Craigholme School Musician of the Year competition for 2016.
This annual event is sure to be another splendid showcase of wonderful upcoming talent.
The event is taking place on Tuesday 8th March at 7pm in the Senior School Assembly Hall (68-72 St. Andrews Dr, Glasgow G41 4HS).
Tickets are £5 and are available at the door.
We are delighted to announce that our long time soloist and friend Aileen (Marley) Entwistle and her husband Liam are the proud parents of a son,
Conleth James Neil, born 18th February.
Mother and baby are well.
The choir sends its congratulations and best wishes.
A DIARY BURSTING WITH MUSIC
With the last of the decorations now in the loft and the delectable goodies being replaced by much more sensible fare, it is lovely to have the rest of our Choir 2016-16 session to look forward to:
Please note the following 2016 Dates for your diary.
- 17th January: Please bring the following additional music –
- Morte Christe
- Come to the Fair
- The Holy City
- 24th January: NO REHEARSAL You are very welcome to attend the Concert being given by the children of St Andrew’s School Buenos Aires and Craigholme School in Sherbrooke St Gilbert’s Church at 7.00 pm (tickets £5.00).
- 26th February: CHOIR DINNER. Please do put this in your diary and indicate your intention to come on the sign-in sheet at rehearsals. We would love to have your company at the dinner for members of the choir which will be held in a local restaurant – venue TBC once numbers are determined.
- 6th March: please note that the rehearsal will start at 7.30 not 7pm and run ’till 9pm
- 17th April: CONCERT in aid of Christian Aid, at 7 p.m. in New Kilpatrick Church Bearsden (Transport will be arranged).
- HOLIDAYS: NO REHEARSALS on 14th February, 27th March, 3rd April
- 20TH MAY: SPRING CONCERT 2016
- 22ND MAY: CHOIR AGM
Keep up-to-date with any changes with our calendar page.
Rehearsal links can be found here
The choir relaxing after our ‘Christmas Jumper Dress Rehearsal’ organised in aid of the charities we were supporting with our 2015 Christmas Concert.