Reasons to be cheerful – the new choir season is here!
It may be almost time to pack away the sun lotion but you will have all the warmth you need from catching up with your friends at the Bothwell Philharmonic Choir.
We start back on Sunday 25th August at 7 pm in Bothwell Parish Church halls as usual and we will also have the opportunity to hear a recording from the Spring Concert. Please bring the following music for the rehearsal:
- The Holy City
- Brother James’ Air
- Teddy Bear’s Picnic
- Blue Skies
- Rhythm of Life
It is worth noting that rehearsals between now and the Malta trip will not be exclusively for repertoire for Malta. We also have the Gala Concert on the 15th September to prepare for and it is hoped we can begin one or two Christmas pieces. It would therefore still be beneficial for all choir members to attend rehearsals, whether travelling to Malta or not.
We will also have some news regarding ladies choir outfits at the first rehearsal, so full attendance would be very much appreciated. If you are unable to attend please do forward your apologies in order that any important information may be passed on.
We are delighted to learn that Jim Crawford (our previous President) has now been discharged from hospital and hope he will soon be fit to join us again. Jim sends his grateful thanks for the thoughtful messages and visits he received from members of the choir.
Key dates for your diary going forwards are:
- Our Gala Concert – Bothwell Scarecrow Festival – Sunday 15 September 2013– Bothwell Parish Church 7.30pm
- A special Organ Fund-Raising Concert to support the new organ at St Bride’s Church in Bothwell – 15th November 2013
- Our Rotary Carol Concert – Sunday 8 December 2013 – Uddingston Old Parish Church 2pm
- Our Christmas Spectacular Concert – Thursday 19 December 2013 – Royal Conservatoire of Scotland – 7.30pm
- A Special Joint Concert with St Andrew’s School, Buenos Airies – Friday 24 January 2014 (venue tbc)
- No rehearsal Sunday 29 September
- Evening rehearsal as normal Sunday 8 December 7pm
And of course -for those lucky enough to have booked their place, the much anticipated Malta Trip – Monday 14th – Saturday 19th October 2013
In case anyone missed our AGM you can find our Musical Director’s Report by clicking to the right page here
Read our reviews for the Spring concert can be found here